Thursday, April 22, 2010
Dallas
The boys and I are in Dallas for our annual draft week trip. We arrived on Saturday afternoon after a UN-eventful flight...thank you, American! We all went to breakfast on Sunday morning and then to Wal-Mart for toy buying. Since we flew on AA, I would much rather spend $50 buying new toys to keep at Granny's then to give $50 to AA to check an extra bag. It was fun watching them pick things out....although Jack was fixated on the play-doh and literally put 10 jars in the cart. Later that day, we met the ENTIRE family at Uncle Buddy's new restaurant for dinner. Pure chaos is all I have to say! Joey jumped right with Maddie, Austin, Trevor and Cooper...like they see each other everyday. The weather did NOT cooperate the first few days, but on Tuesday the sun finally came out and we went to the park down the street from mom's. Most of the pics are from that day. I will say, though, that the weather has not detered my little men from getting in the pool. They don't care how chilly the water is! One of the many great things about mom & dad's pool is the wading area....it allows them to stand in 6 inches of water and play. Jack is exactly like Joey was at the same age...any excuse to get in the pool. I remember that we could not go outside without having the expectation he was going to end up wet. The same applies to Jack, except now it is worse because he also follows everything Joey does. :) Yesterday, the boys and I walked down to the duck ponds with some bread. There weren't many ducks out, but we threw to the turtles and the brim. Joey really seemed to enjoy watching the fish snatch the bread. As we made our way back around I let them out of the wagon again because we spied some bigger fish. I knew is the back of my mind that it wasn't a good idea to let them get so close to the edge...but I let them anyway. Sure enough, on his first attempt to throw bread in, Jack slips on mud and goes face first into the murky pond. I pulled him up and he soaking wet and covered in algae! Luckily, it only took him a minute to recover. The last few pictures are of him after we made our way back to the sidewalk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment