Thursday, May 20, 2010
The Last Month
I have been a little lazy the last month on the blogging...we have just really been enjoying having daddy "back in our lives" since the draft! We've been doing a lot, so I'll just share some of the highlights:
+ The boys got a Jeep the first week we were back from Dallas...based on the GREAT advice from the Foster clan, we purchased a two-seater so if one is driving the other can ride. Joey loves driving all over our neighbors yards and Jack is very content just going along for the ride (as you can see in some of the pics).
+For the first time, as a family, we participated in the Fiesta 5K to benefit ALS research in downtown Baltimore. Joe and Joey had gone before, but this was mine and Jack's first time. I got lucky and found a used jogging stroller for a great price and the boys rode while we pushed. At the end, Joey got out and ran to the finish line. It had to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen!
+Joe and I have been fortunate to have a few "date nights" too! A couple of dinners out and an O's game were so nice! We also went to Preakness last Saturday! It was beautiful weather and a lots of fun to get dressed up!
+Joey went to the dentist for the first time! HE DID AWESOME! Dr. Marks takes the kids back without mom or dad and I wasn't too sure how he would handle it. Not one tear or one second of fussing! We have to work a little harder on the brushing, but all in all it was a good visit. :)
+I finally gave in and we now own a Wii. I had been trying to delay what I knew was the inevitable...I just didn't want Joey to become a Wii fanatic when he loves to play outside so much. Needless to say, my fears came to fruition in the first 48 hours. We had more fuss fests than I care to remember. I am hoping that the newness will wear off and that my time limit guidelines will be less cause for crying soon!
+Monkey See...Monkey Do! That is the theme of our house these days! Jack does everything Joey does...literally! If Joey yells, throws something, says he has to go pee or wants to play Wii...Jack has to do those things too. Except Jack yells louder, throws something harder and with his diaper on he goes and sits on the training potty.
+Jack, the instigator...Jack is also starting to take on the annoying little brother role. He loves taking food off of Joey's plate...even if his is full with the same food. He also loves throwing food at Joey when he is done eating. He will walk right up to Joey and take a toy out of his hand and run the other way. Jack does truly love his big brother, though. This morning, Joey went down to the fridge in the garage and Jack started fussing calling Joey's name because he thought he had left. Then later, Joey stepped outside when he walked Joe to the front door. Jack started fussing again because he thought he was leaving. Jack wasn't worried about daddy leaving, just Joey. It is so funny to watch them now...I know I shouldn't laugh but it is so hard sometimes. ;)
+It rained here the last three days and Joey was out of school for a holiday, so we were going a little stir crazy. I took the boys to Storyville. It is like a little town inside one of the public libraries. There is a house, a library, a theatre, grocery store and tree house. They had the best time! Jack just ran everywhere! Joey went right to work in the kitchen. I think he liked the grocery store the best, though. He has his own play register, food and basket at home. In Storyville, there were two check out lines with registers, a whole wall of food, aprons and baskets. He just took over like he was running the place!
We have begun our countdown to the beach trip! In the meantime, Joe and I have a mommy/daddy trip planned next weekend to Birmingham! I am so excited for my first visit since we moved. Golf, 2 Pesos margaritas, Edgar's strawberry cake, a little Auburn baseball and sleeping late are just a few things that I am looking forward to!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment